Do you have a passion for motorcycles? Would you love to work in a closely-knit family-style environment? Well, you’ll love working here! Privateers Harley-Davidson in Halifax, NS is an authorized dealer of Harley-Davidson motorcycles and products. We currently have an opening in our Service Department for a Service Writer. We are looking for someone who loves this living and lifestyle (because we do!)
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Greet customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Work directly with “walk-in, telephone, and online” customers to determine and meet their Service Dept requirements.
- Call customers throughout day to approve work, update service and schedule pickup, delivery times.
- Ensure Service orders are complete, correct and customer is informed of bill prior to customer pick up.
- Handle phone transactions quickly and courteously.
- Accept cash and credit card payments for Service. Keep cash register accurate.
- Using Privateers scheduler, schedule service appointments, pickups, and deliveries of motorcycles for customers.
- With input from Service Manager ensure technicians are booked and scheduled for all work, work is completed timely, and next scheduled job is ready.
- Load and unload bikes brought in to service via Recovery Truck.
- Move motorcycles in and out of staging area and Service bays.
- Assist customers loading and unloading bikes from trucks, trailers, and on/off lift.
- Assist with moving, washing, and storage of bikes.
- Operate forklift.
- Crate and uncrate units. Inspect new units for damage.
- Responsible for Winter Storage Program (maintaining space, battery charging, scheduling).
- Demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
- Complete training, as required.
- If required, complete training to obtain NS motorcycle license.
- Friendly, outgoing personality.
- Motorcycle licence is an asset.
- Experience with Point-of-Sale, computerized inventory systems, and scheduling software considered an asset.
- Knowledge of motorcycle components an asset. The commitment to continually develop this knowledge is a requirement.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.